Coconut Caramel Oat Cookies
"When I was a little girl, my grandmother and I used to whip up this no-bake snack to munch on while playing rummy," shares Tammy Schroeder of Aitkin, Minnesota. "I love to throw a batch together and remember those special times."
27 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 25 caramels
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- In a heavy saucepan, bring butter and milk to a boil; add sugar,
- vanilla and salt. Cook for 1 minute. Add caramels and stir until
- melted, about 4 minutes. Stir in oats and coconut.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper. Let stand until set.
- Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 149 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 112 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.