- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 25 caramels
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- In a heavy saucepan, bring butter and milk to a boil; add sugar, vanilla and salt. Cook for 1 minute. Add caramels and stir until melted, about 4 minutes. Stir in oats and coconut.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper. Let stand until set. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forCoconut Caramel Oat Cookies
"made these for a family reunion. we rolled them into balls. they need to sit a while to soften the oatmeal, but they are outstanding! everyone loved them and several people asked for the recipe."
"We loved these!"