You'll think you're drinking your dessert when you indulge in this homemade hot cocoa. The decadent beverage features rich chocolate, peanut butter, caramel and coconut. —Roxanne Chan, Albany, California
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) coconut milk
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup hot caramel ice cream topping
- Coconut rum, optional
- Whipped cream and toasted flaked coconut, optional
- Place the first five ingredients in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a large saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through. Remove from the heat; stir in rum if desired. Pour into mugs. Garnish with whipped cream and coconut if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Coconut-Caramel Hot Cocoa in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p93
Reviews for Coconut-Caramel Hot Cocoa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review