My husband adores coconut but not so much cake. When I take this beauty to family potlucks, he gets his coconut, too. —Sharon Rehm, New Blaine, Arkansas
Recommended: 50 Coconut Recipes to Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/4 cups coconut milk (about 10 ounces)
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 12 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (about 4 ounces)
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 to 2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line bottoms of two greased 8-in. round baking pans with parchment paper; grease paper.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, coconut milk, eggs and melted butter; beat on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium 1-1/2 minutes. Transfer to prepared pans. Bake and cool as package directs.
- For frosting, in a small saucepan, combine butter, chocolate and coconut milk; heat and stir over medium heat until blended. Remove from heat; gradually stir in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Transfer to a bowl.
- Place bowl in an ice-water bath. Using a hand mixer, beat frosting on high speed 6-8 minutes or until spreadable. Spread between layers and over top and sides of cake. Cover with coconut. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Coconut Cake with White Chocolate Frosting in Simple & Delicious February/March 2016
Reviews for Coconut Cake with White Chocolate Frosting
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review