- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13x9-inch pan size)
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup coconut-pecan frosting
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine brownie mix, sour cream, frosting, eggs and water just until moistened.
- Pour into a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake 30-35 minutes or until center is set (do not overbake). Sprinkle with chocolate chips; let stand 5 minutes. Spread chips over brownies. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Coconut Brownies
"These brownies should come with a WARNING!!! They are RICH!!! This is a great recipe for pleasing brownie, chocolate and carmel lovers a like. It combines the best of all worlds. However, like others, I now skip the chocolate on top, they are rich as it is. This is a great recipe to use if you are preparing two pans of brownies at one time. There are about 2 cups of frosting in container, purchase a 16oz sour cream and there is about 2 cups of chocolate chiips in the bag. This is a great dessert recipe served straight from the pan and topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream."
"I spread the rest of the frosting over the top of the chocolate chips. Everyone that tries these asks for the recipe. They are so easy to make. Stays moist for days if they last that long. I store them in the frig."
"These brownies are excellent. I will definately make them again!"
"These are the best brownies. Simple and delicious :)"
"These are awesome! They are so moist and delicious...a definite fix for a sweet tooth. The melted chocolate chips on top are good, but they made them a little too sweet, if that's possible. I might try leaving them off next time. Two thumbs up!!"