These candies are perfect for any holiday. I like to decorate the tops with a miniature sugar flower or novelty for each holiday.—Claudia Ruiss, Massapequa, New York
15 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2-2/3 cups flaked coconut, chopped
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup finely chopped almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Colored jimmies or coarse sugar, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the coconut, confectioners' sugar, milk,
- almonds, butter and vanilla. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2
- Roll into 1-in. balls; place on waxed paper-lined pans. Refrigerate
- for at least 1 hour.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until
- smooth. Dip balls in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Return to
- waxed paper-lined pans. Sprinkle with jimmies or coarse sugar if
- desired. Refrigerate until firm. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 2 pieces equals 274 calories, 17 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 70 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.