Coconut Bonbons Recipe
- 2-2/3 cups flaked coconut, chopped
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup finely chopped almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Colored jimmies or coarse sugar, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the coconut, confectioners' sugar, milk, almonds, butter and vanilla. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- 2. Roll into 1-in. balls; place on waxed paper-lined pans. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 3. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip balls in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Return to waxed paper-lined pans. Sprinkle with jimmies or coarse sugar if desired. Refrigerate until firm. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
2 each: 274 calories, 17g fat (11g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 70mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Coconut Bonbons
"wonderful recipe really easy now they are a family favorite & a christmas must have."
"Very simple to make, My whole family loved them. I well add to my recipe list with a star!"
"Very easy and very good."
"Great recipe! Very easy and very good!"