Coconut Bonbons Recipe
- 2-2/3 cups flaked coconut, chopped
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup finely chopped almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Colored jimmies or coarse sugar, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the coconut, confectioners' sugar, milk, almonds, butter and vanilla. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- 2. Roll into 1-in. balls; place on waxed paper-lined pans. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 3. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip balls in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Return to waxed paper-lined pans. Sprinkle with jimmies or coarse sugar if desired. Refrigerate until firm. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
2 each: 274 calories, 17g fat (11g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 70mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Coconut Bonbons
"Tasted just like my Nanny's from 50 years ago!"
"wonderful recipe really easy now they are a family favorite & a Christmas must have."
"Very simple to make, My whole family loved them. I well add to my recipe list with a star!"
"Very easy and very good."
"Great recipe! Very easy and very good!"