Coconut Blueberry Coffee Cake Recipe
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1-1/3 cups flaked coconut
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in shortening until crumbly. In a small bowl, combine eggs and milk; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened. Fold in blueberries. Pour batter into two greased 9-in. round baking pans. Sprinkle with coconut. Bake at 375° for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 2 coffee cakes (8 servings each).
Reviews for Coconut Blueberry Coffee Cake(1)
Sort By :
I made this coffee cake with a couple of changes. We don't care for coconut, so I made a crumb topping with flour, sugar, and butter. I baked it all in a 9 by 13 glass pan at 325 for 50 minutes, instead of using two round pans. Both changes worked great and the coffee cake was a big hit with our Sunday School class!