My husband and I pick wild blueberries every summer and store plenty of them in the freezer. That way, we can enjoy this delicious coffee cake and other favorite blueberry treats all year long. -Janis Plourde Smooth Rock Falls, Ontario
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- LEMON SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Beat the eggs, milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with coconut. Bake at 375° for 22-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and lemon peel. Gradually add water until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in butter and lemon juice. Cut cake into squares; drizzle with lemon sauce. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Coconut Blueberry Cake in Taste of Home June/July 2004, p41
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Coconut Blueberry Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review