Coconut Blueberry Cake Recipe
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- LEMON SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Beat the eggs, milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with coconut. Bake at 375° for 22-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and lemon peel. Gradually add water until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in butter and lemon juice. Cut cake into squares; drizzle with lemon sauce. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Coconut Blueberry Cake(6)
Sort By :
I skipped the lemon sauce, and the cake is still delicious! The flavor of the blueberries really comes through. I would add grated lemon rind and a little lemon juice to the cake next time if not using the sauce.
Fav summer cake! Sauce balances the sweetness of the cake perfectly :)
Great coffe cake. Everyone at work loved it.
Very good! Moist and delicious, I will be making this again.
This cake is so good, coconut, lemon and blueberries it can't get any better than that.