- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- LEMON SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Beat the eggs, milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with coconut. Bake at 375° for 22-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and lemon peel. Gradually add water until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in butter and lemon juice. Cut cake into squares; drizzle with lemon sauce. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Coconut Blueberry Cake
"company loves this cake and asked to make it for covered dish parties."
"Me and my granddaughter made this ,every one loved it."
"Great coffe cake. Everyone at work loved it."
"Very good! Moist and delicious, I will be making this again."
"This cake is so good, coconut, lemon and blueberries it can't get any better than that."
"wow i never thought of putting coconut and blueberrys together but it looks great!"