Coconut Biscuits Recipe
These sweet biscuits are wonderful with coffee in the morning.,,or alongside chicken for dinner. "Sometimes I even top them with fresh pineapple or mango chunks and whipped cream for a delicious dessert," suggests Howie Wiener of Spring Hill, Florida. "it's my grandmother's recipe."
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; cut in shortening until crumbly. Combine milk and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in coconut. Drop by 2 tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 425° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Coconut Biscuits in Quick Cooking May/June 2003, p49
Reviews for Coconut Biscuits(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review