Coconut Banana Chocolate Cream Pie
What's not to like about this pleasing pie from Mary Jones of St. Louis, Missouri? It's easy to prepare and chock-full of delicious ingredients.
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1-1/3 cups cold water
- 2/3 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 package (1.4 ounces) sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup reduced-fat whipped topping, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract, divided
- 2 medium ripe bananas, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (9 inches)
- 1 tablespoon flaked coconut, toasted
- In a bowl, stir water and milk powder until powder is dissolved. Add
- pudding mix; whisk for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Fold in 1/4
- cup whipped topping and 1/4 teaspoon extract. Layer banana slices in
- the crust; top with pudding mixture. Cover and refrigerate.
- Combine remaining whipped topping and extract; spread over pudding.
- Sprinkle with coconut. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour
- before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One slice equals 172 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 172 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat,