Coconut Banana Bread Recipe
White chocolate is the wonderfully different addition to this tropical-tasting bread. The moist slices are so scrumptious, they disappear as soon as I serve them.
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 4 medium)
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a bowl, combine butter and sugar; mix well. Add eggs and extracts; beat on high speed until thickened. Stir in bananas. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to banana mixture. Fold in the chocolate, coconut and pecans. Transfer to two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 70-75 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 189 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 157 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Coconut Banana Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC