Coconut Banana Bread Recipe
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 4 medium)
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a bowl, combine butter and sugar; mix well. Add eggs and extracts; beat on high speed until thickened. Stir in bananas. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to banana mixture. Fold in the chocolate, coconut and pecans. Transfer to two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 70-75 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves.
Reviews for Coconut Banana Bread(7)
Sort By :
This bread is deliciously moist! Mine was done in 55 minutes. I used a cup of white chocolate chips in place of the white baking chocolate. Also used walnuts instead of pecans. Next time I will add more of both!
I didn't think this bread was exceptional. I didn't get much taste of the coconut or the rum etract. After reading one of the reviews on the bake time, I cut it back to 55 minutes and it still overbaked.
Everyone loved it - even my son who does not like coconut in baked goods. I used 1/2 cup butter and substituted apple sauce for the rest, splenda sugar blend for the sugar, and cashews instead of pecans.
Loved it! My husband said it was the best bread ever. Easy to make with great results.
This is by far the best banana bread I have ever made. I swapped macadamia nuts for the pecans and won 1st place with it at our county fair. I think the judges one word comment sums it up: AWSOME!