Coconut Apricot Balls
These zesty confections are filled with fresh fruity flavor. They make a nice addition to any candy tray.
48 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups dried apricots
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 to 2 teaspoons orange juice, optional
- In a food processor, combine the apricots, coconut, lemon peel and
- orange peel. Cover and process for 1-2 minutes or until blended.
- Sprinkle work surface with 1 tablespoon of sugar. Knead apricot
- mixture until smooth about 15-20 times. Add orange juice if
- necessary to moisten mixture. Shape into 1-in. balls and roll in
- remaining sugar. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 30 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.