- 2 cups dried apricots
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 to 2 teaspoons orange juice, optional
- In a food processor, combine the apricots, coconut, lemon peel and orange peel. Cover and process for 1-2 minutes or until blended. Sprinkle work surface with 1 tablespoon of sugar. Knead apricot mixture until smooth about 15-20 times. Add orange juice if necessary to moisten mixture. Shape into 1-in. balls and roll in remaining sugar. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Originally published as Coconut Apricot Balls in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2000, p39
Reviews for Coconut Apricot Balls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review