Coconut Apple Cake
I like to share this cake with friends and neighbors. Serve it plain, frost it or top with whipped cream.
12-15 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. In a bowl, beat eggs,
- and sugar; add oil, vanilla and orange juice. Gradually stir in
- flour mixture. Stir in apples, nuts and coconut. Turn into a greased
- 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 325° for 60 minutes or until
- cake tests done. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 462 calories, 26 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 192 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.