Coconut Angel Squares Recipe
I have so many speedy dessert recipes, but this one is truly special. A friend shared it with me, and it immediately became the one I prefer because it tastes like a coconut cream pie with only a fraction of the work. -Betty Claycomb, Alverton, Pennsylvania
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1-1/2 cups cold 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 cup flaked coconut, divided
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1. Place cake cubes in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. In a large bowl, whisk the milk, extract and pudding mixes for 2 minutes (mixture will be thick). Add ice cream and 3/4 cup coconut; beat on low just until combined.
- 2. Spoon over cake cubes. Spread with whipped topping. Toast remaining coconut; sprinkle over top. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 239 calories, 9 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 338 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC