I have so many speedy dessert recipes, but this one is truly special. A friend shared it with me, and it immediately became the one I prefer because it tastes like a coconut cream pie with only a fraction of the work. -Betty Claycomb, Alverton, Pennsylvania
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1-1/2 cups cold 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 cup flaked coconut, divided
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Place cake cubes in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. In a large bowl, whisk the milk, extract and pudding mixes for 2 minutes (mixture will be thick). Add ice cream and 3/4 cup coconut; beat on low just until combined.
- Spoon over cake cubes. Spread with whipped topping. Toast remaining coconut; sprinkle over top. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Coconut Angel Squares in Quick Cooking November/December 2002, p29
Reviews for Coconut Angel Squares
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review