Coconut Almond Muffins Recipe
Almonds, coconut and chocolate chips are the start of a great muffin. Sara Tatham's almond-flavored muffins are tender and delightful. “They have become a great favorite with my family,” she writes from Plymouth, New Hampshire.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Additional sugar
- 1. In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg, sour cream, butter and extract. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in coconut and chocolate chips.
- 2. Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Sprinkle with almonds and additional sugar. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 6 muffins.
1 serving (1 each) equals 357 calories, 19 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 301 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC