Coconut Almond Muffins Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Additional sugar
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg, sour cream, butter and extract. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in coconut and chocolate chips.
- Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Sprinkle with almonds and additional sugar. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 6 muffins.
Reviews for Coconut Almond Muffins(7)
Sort By :
A little dense but great flavor.
Delicious, but I did change a few things. I wanted to make lower in fat so I used 3 tbsp. of egg whites, 1/4 c. of lite sour cream, one small single serve cup of applesauce for the butter, I did not have flaked coconut so I used 1/2 c. of shredded zucchini, 2 tbsp. of mini choc. chips and just a few almonds (3-4 for crunch) on top of each muffin and 1/2 tsp. of coconut extract to get that coconut flavor. They turned out very moist and what a great taste. I got 9 regular sized muffins instead of 6 and I got the fat grams down to 2g per muffin.
A bit dry and doughy, not light like the photo. Not very sweet at all. Would try again to see if it comes out better.
I made these this morning. The dough is a bit pasty, but overall they are good. Next time, I think I will omit the chocolate chips, and maybe add blueberries, instead. Or just leave them as is without the chocolate. My boyfriend and I also agreed that it would taste good with lemon.
very sweet, tastes more like a mini-cake than a muffin.