Almonds, coconut and chocolate chips are the start of a great muffin. Sara Tatham's almond-flavored muffins are tender and delightful. “They have become a great favorite with my family,” she writes from Plymouth, New Hampshire.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Additional sugar
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg, sour cream, butter and extract. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in coconut and chocolate chips.
- Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Sprinkle with almonds and additional sugar. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 6 muffins.
Originally published as Coconut Almond Muffins in Simple & Delicious November/December 2006, p22
Reviews for Coconut Almond Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review