Coconut Almond Muffins Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Additional sugar
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg, sour cream, butter and extract. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in coconut and chocolate chips.
- Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Sprinkle with almonds and additional sugar. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 6 muffins.
Reviews for Coconut Almond Muffins
Sort By :
These muffins are fabulous! They are moist and tender! I made the following changes due to the way we eat in our home. Whole Wheat pastry flour, 1/4 cup organic unsweetened coconut, organic whole milk yogurt instead of sour cream, added 1/2 tsp homemade vanilla with the almond extract. Mix the melted butter and yogurt together then add the coconut so it starts to soak and continue with the rest of the ingredients. Also, bake at 425 for 5 mins then reduce to 375 for about 20 mins. This will give your muffins a nice peak. I did not add extra sugar to the top and since I did not have sliced almonds I omitted the nuts.
Excellent. I made these around Christmas time and they are delicious and quite fancy. I sprinkled mine with slivered almonds and then drizzles with a light glaze. Don't over beat the batter - so as to keep the muffin light and fluffy. A very rich flavor.
A little dense but great flavor.
Delicious, but I did change a few things. I wanted to make lower in fat so I used 3 tbsp. of egg whites, 1/4 c. of lite sour cream, one small single serve cup of applesauce for the butter, I did not have flaked coconut so I used 1/2 c. of shredded zucchini, 2 tbsp. of mini choc. chips and just a few almonds (3-4 for crunch) on top of each muffin and 1/2 tsp. of coconut extract to get that coconut flavor. They turned out very moist and what a great taste. I got 9 regular sized muffins instead of 6 and I got the fat grams down to 2g per muffin.
A bit dry and doughy, not light like the photo. Not very sweet at all. Would try again to see if it comes out better.