Coconut Almond Granola
“We tried the hard and crunchy granolas but really didn’t like them,” says Kathy Winn of New Lothrop, Michigan. “This recipe, however, was an instant hit. It makes a healthy breakfast or snack.”
3 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 3 tablespoons flaked coconut
- 3 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- In an ungreased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish, combine the oil, honey and
- extract. Stir in the oats, coconut and milk powder.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown, stirring
- occasionally. Stir in the almonds. Cool. Store in a covered
- container. Yield: 3 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 487 calories, 23 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 58 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 13 g protein.