“We tried the hard and crunchy granolas but really didn’t like them,” says Kathy Winn of New Lothrop, Michigan. “This recipe, however, was an instant hit. It makes a healthy breakfast or snack.”
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 3 tablespoons flaked coconut
- 3 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- In an ungreased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish, combine the oil, honey and extract. Stir in the oats, coconut and milk powder.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Stir in the almonds. Cool. Store in a covered container. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Coconut Almond Granola in Cooking for 2 Fall 2006, p35
Reviews for Coconut Almond Granola
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2010
"Worked nice for breakfast banana splits."