“We tried the hard and crunchy granolas but really didn’t like them,” says Kathy Winn of New Lothrop, Michigan. “This recipe, however, was an instant hit. It makes a healthy breakfast or snack.”
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 3 tablespoons flaked coconut
- 3 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- In an ungreased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish, combine the oil, honey and extract. Stir in the oats, coconut and milk powder.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Stir in the almonds. Cool. Store in a covered container. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Coconut Almond Granola in Cooking for 2 Fall 2006, p35
Reviews for Coconut Almond Granola
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2010
"Worked nice for breakfast banana splits."