I love Christmas candy, and these simple but special chocolates are among my favorites. They're easy to assemble in paper-lined muffin cups.
- 2 cups flaked coconut, chopped
- 3 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 8 ounces white candy coating
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1 package (2-1/4 ounces) unblanched almonds
- In a large bowl, beat the coconut, milk, confectioners' sugar and butter until blended (mixture will be sticky); set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips, candy coating and shortening; stir until smooth. Spoon about 1/2 teaspoon chocolate mixture into 42 paper-lined miniature muffin cups.
- Shape 1/2 teaspoonfuls of coconut mixture into balls; gently press into chocolate. Top each with an almond. Spoon 1 teaspoon chocolate mixture over each. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Coconut Almond Candies in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2007, p71
Reviews for Coconut Almond Candies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review