I love Christmas candy, and these simple but special chocolates are among my favorites. They're easy to assemble in paper-lined muffin cups.
- 2 cups flaked coconut, chopped
- 3 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 8 ounces white candy coating
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1 package (2-1/4 ounces) unblanched almonds
- In a large bowl, beat the coconut, milk, confectioners' sugar and butter until blended (mixture will be sticky); set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips, candy coating and shortening; stir until smooth. Spoon about 1/2 teaspoon chocolate mixture into 42 paper-lined miniature muffin cups.
- Shape 1/2 teaspoonfuls of coconut mixture into balls; gently press into chocolate. Top each with an almond. Spoon 1 teaspoon chocolate mixture over each. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Coconut Almond Candies in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2007, p71
Reviews for Coconut Almond Candies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 2, 2010
"These are easy to make and tastes great!"