Coconut Almond Bombs Recipe
“These are beautiful for holiday parties. They're a big hit each time! To make them extra-special, use a new small paintbrush to lightly dust the almonds with a gold luster.” —Deb Holbrook, Abington, Massachusetts
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 50 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch YIELD:42 servings
- 1 package (7 ounces) almond paste
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 package (14 ounces) flaked coconut
- 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) mascarpone cheese
- 2 pounds white candy coating, chopped
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds
- Gold pearl dust
- 1. Place almond paste in a food processor; cover and process until small crumbs form. Transfer to a large bowl; add confectioners' sugar and coconut. Beat until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a small bowl, beat egg whites and vanilla until stiff peaks form; fold into coconut mixture.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 14-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 3. Spread about 1 teaspoon cheese over each cookie; refrigerate for 20 minutes or until cheese is firm.
- 4. In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Dip cookies in coating; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; sprinkle with almonds. Let stand until set. Brush pearl dust over almonds. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
1 cookie equals 232 calories, 14 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 32 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC