Coconut Almond Bombs Recipe
- 1 package (7 ounces) almond paste
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 package (14 ounces) flaked coconut
- 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) mascarpone cheese
- 2 pounds white candy coating, chopped
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds
- Gold pearl dust
- 1. Place almond paste in a food processor; cover and process until small crumbs form. Transfer to a large bowl; add confectioners' sugar and coconut. Beat until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a small bowl, beat egg whites and vanilla until stiff peaks form; fold into coconut mixture.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 14-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 3. Spread about 1 teaspoon cheese over each cookie; refrigerate for 20 minutes or until cheese is firm.
- 4. In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Dip cookies in coating; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; sprinkle with almonds. Let stand until set. Brush pearl dust over almonds. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
1 cookie: 232 calories, 14g fat (10g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 32mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Coconut Almond Bombs
"I first made this recipe for my sisters bridal shower, I saw mascarpone cheese in the ingredients and KNEW they were going to be delicious!they are creamy, coconutty, sweet and almondy all at the same time- YUM!I didn't have any gold pearl dust on hand but gold sugar instead, that worked just fine.These are a bit time consuming but trust me, THEY ARE WORTH IT!"
"Quite likely the best cookie on the planet. Freezes well, too. I bake these all year long, no one can wait for Christmas!"
"Absolutely Delicious! The Best Italian-Style Cookie Treat we've ever made ... A New Christmas Favorite for Our Family. :o)"
"a friend gave me some of these they are Great!!! Now I'll try to make them........"