- 1 package (7 ounces) almond paste
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 package (14 ounces) flaked coconut
- 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) mascarpone cheese
- 2 pounds white candy coating, chopped
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds
- Gold pearl dust
- Place almond paste in a food processor; cover and process until small crumbs form. Transfer to a large bowl; add confectioners' sugar and coconut. Beat until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a small bowl, beat egg whites and vanilla until stiff peaks form; fold into coconut mixture.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 14-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Spread about 1 teaspoon cheese over each cookie; refrigerate for 20 minutes or until cheese is firm.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Dip cookies in coating; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; sprinkle with almonds. Let stand until set. Brush pearl dust over almonds. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Coconut Almond Bombs
"I first made this recipe for my sisters bridal shower, I saw mascarpone cheese in the ingredients and KNEW they were going to be delicious!they are creamy, coconutty, sweet and almondy all at the same time- YUM!I didn't have any gold pearl dust on hand but gold sugar instead, that worked just fine.These are a bit time consuming but trust me, THEY ARE WORTH IT!"
"Quite likely the best cookie on the planet. Freezes well, too. I bake these all year long, no one can wait for Christmas!"
"Absolutely Delicious! The Best Italian-Style Cookie Treat we've ever made ... A New Christmas Favorite for Our Family. :o)"
"a friend gave me some of these they are Great!!! Now I'll try to make them........"