Coconut Almond Bars Recipe
This was the first recipe I ever entered in a contest—and it was a winner! Ever since that contest, which was sponsored by our local newspaper, people around town tell me they still make these treats.
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3-1/2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups coconut
- 50 whole almonds
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese; add sugar and vanilla. Stir in coconut. Turn out onto a 12-in. x 9-in. piece of buttered foil; pat into at 10-in. x 5-in. rectangle. Cut into 25 rectangles, each 2 in. x 1 in. Press two almonds into the top of each rectangle. Chill.
- 2. Meanwhile, melt chocolate chips and shortening in a microwave or double boiler. Carefully dip rectangles in melted chocolate one at a time; set on waxed paper to dry. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator(also freeze well). Yield: 25 candies.
1 each: 212 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 28mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Coconut Almond Bars
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC