This was the first recipe I ever entered in a contest—and it was a winner! Ever since that contest, which was sponsored by our local newspaper, people around town tell me they still make these treats.
Featured In: Chocolate Almond Recipes
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3-1/2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups coconut
- 50 whole almonds
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese; add sugar and vanilla. Stir in coconut. Turn out onto a 12-in. x 9-in. piece of buttered foil; pat into at 10-in. x 5-in. rectangle. Cut into 25 rectangles, each 2 in. x 1 in. Press two almonds into the top of each rectangle. Chill.
- Meanwhile, melt chocolate chips and shortening in a microwave or double boiler. Carefully dip rectangles in melted chocolate one at a time; set on waxed paper to dry. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator(also freeze well). Yield: 25 candies.
Originally published as Coconut Almond Bars in Sweet and Scrumptious Chocolate 1994, p41
Reviews for Coconut Almond Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review