My chocolate bark featuring coconut and almonds is a great time-saver when I’m busy but need a treat to share. The large grains of turbinado sugar give it that holiday sparkle.
Recommended: 20 Barks & Brittles for Extra-Happy Holidays
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1 package (2-1/4 ounces) sliced almonds, divided
- 2 teaspoons turbinado (washed raw) sugar or coarse sugar
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with waxed paper; set aside.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Stir in 1/4 cup almonds. Spread mixture into a 12-in. x 9-in. rectangle on prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with sugar, coconut and remaining almonds; press lightly into chocolate mixture. Chill for 1 hour or until firm. Break into pieces. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 1 pound.
Originally published as Coconut Almond Bark in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2013, p147
Reviews for Coconut Almond Bark
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review