Coconut Acorn Squash
Save yourself some time in the kitchen and toss the squash in the microwave for a truly quick dish. Sometimes squash can be a bit tasteless. I conquer this by adding a bit of mango chutney and coconut. It really makes the flavor pop. —Deirdre Dee Cox, Kansas City, Kansas
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 small acorn squash
- 1/4 cup mango chutney
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cut each squash in half; remove and discard seeds. Place squash in a
- microwave-safe dish, cut side down. Microwave, covered, on high for
- 10-12 minutes or until tender.
- Turn squash cut side up. Mix chutney, coconut and melted butter;
- spoon into centers of squash. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Microwave, covered, on high for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 filled squash half equals 251 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 400 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein.