Cocoa Surprise Cookies
These rich cookies are truly a chocolate lover's delight. Miniature marshmallows are the delectable surprise in every bite. —Debra Himes, Cedar Rapids, Iowa
60 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows, frozen
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add
- eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in
- vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa and baking soda; gradually add to
- the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Roll into 1-1/2-in. balls. Press two to three frozen marshmallows
- into each; reshape balls.
- Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for
- 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to
- wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 5 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 114 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 46 mg sodium,