Cocoa Surprise Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows, frozen
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.
- 2. Roll into 1-1/2-in. balls. Press two to three frozen marshmallows into each; reshape balls.
- 3. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 5 dozen.
1 cookie equals 114 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 46 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Cocoa Surprise Cookies
"Super chocolatey and amazing. My only problem was with the marshmallows melting and seriously sticking to the pan. Some of cookies didn't make it. Next time, I will make sure the marshmallows are stuck only to the top of the cookies and grease the pan for good measure. PS Made with 60% cocao chips--such a good choice."
"love the texture!!! crunchy on the outside and ooey gooey on the inside! and to top it off its soo easy to make!"
"Cocoa surprise cookies are a family favourite in our home and one we make whenever we want a special dessert. They're definitely a keeper and going in my recipe box."