Cocoa Surprise Cookies Recipe
These rich cookies are truly a chocolate lover's delight. Miniature marshmallows are the delectable surprise in every bite. —Debra Himes, Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows, frozen
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.
- 2. Roll into 1-1/2-in. balls. Press two to three frozen marshmallows into each; reshape balls.
- 3. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 5 dozen.
1 cookie equals 114 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 46 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Cocoa Surprise Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC