- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows, frozen
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Roll into 1-1/2-in. balls. Press two to three frozen marshmallows into each; reshape balls.
- Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 5 dozen.
Reviews for Cocoa Surprise Cookies
Sort By :
"love the texture!!! crunchy on the outside and ooey gooey on the inside! and to top it off its soo easy to make!"
"Cocoa surprise cookies are a family favourite in our home and one we make whenever we want a special dessert. They're definitely a keeper and going in my recipe box."