- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup fat-free vanilla yogurt
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Combine the milk, egg substitute and butter; add to dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by scant 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is lightly browned. Serve with raspberries and yogurt. Yield: 8 pancakes.
Reviews for Cocoa Pancakes
Sort By :
I liked the nutmeg in this recipe - it gave it a nice taste. It is not overly chocolately and rich like most chocolate pancakes, but had a pleasent chocolate flavor. Be sure to spray the skillet or griddle well because I found that they tend to stick to it a little more.
I'm not too crazy about this recipe but my sister thought it was pretty good. When I doubled the recipe, I used only 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour and 1 cup regular white flour. Though my batter was somewhat on the runny side, the final product was a fluffy pancake.
I had high hopes, but these weren't very good. They were dense and not fluffy at all.
These pancakes are AMAZING!!! I made a double batch as suggested by others and it made a huge stack! I didn't have egg substitute so I used 2 eggs for a double recipe and it turned out wonderful! They are so flavorful and fluffy! I will make them again and again and have already been passing the recipe on to my friends! You won't be disappointed with these!
Very tasty. Being a huge Ovaltine fan I used 1/2 cocoa 1nd 1/2 Ovaltine, worked great. Only drawback to the recipe is the number of servings stated, needed to double the recipe.
More Recipe Collections
- Berry Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Country Woman Breakfast Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Vegetarian Recipes >
- Diabetic Breakfast Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Kids Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Fat Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Mother's Day Brunch Recipes >