We love these chocolaty whole wheat pancakes as a special breakfast treat. The yogurt and raspberries add moisture and sweetness. Feel free to substitute other seasonal fruit. —Lisa DeMarsh, Mt. Solon, Virginia
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup fat-free vanilla yogurt
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Combine the milk, egg substitute and butter; add to dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by scant 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is lightly browned. Serve with raspberries and yogurt. Yield: 8 pancakes.
Originally published as Cocoa Pancakes in Country Woman February/March 2010, p35
Reviews for Cocoa Pancakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review