Cocoa Munch Mix
"This sweet snack is a nice change of pace from the typical cookies and brownies found at bake sales," relates Amanda Denton of Barre, Vermont. "Packed in resealable bags, it always goes fast. It's great for camping trips, too."
10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 4 cups Cheerios
- 4 cups Chex
- 1 cup Diamond of California Slivered Almonds
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) vanilla or white chips
- In a large bowl, combine cereals and almonds. In a small bowl,
- combine the cocoa, sugar and butter. Pour over cereal mixture and
- toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 250° for
- 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool completely. Stir in raisins
- and chips. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 468 calories, 27 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 341 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 8 g protein.