Cocoa Mocha Pie Recipe
In Center, Texas, Carolyn Crump combines coffee and Milky Way candy bars to create this cool and creamy dessert. "I usually prepare the pie the night before, then garnish each slice with extra candy bar chunks before serving," she notes.
- 6 Milky Way candy bars (2.05 ounces each), divided
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 to 3 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 graham cracker or chocolate crumb crust (8 or 9 inches)
- Finely chop four candy bars; place in a microwave-safe bowl. Add milk and coffee granules; heat and stir until melted and smooth.
- Place ice cream in a bowl; fold in mocha mixture. Spoon into crust; freeze. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Cut remaining candy bars into 1/2-in. pieces for garnish. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Cocoa Mocha Pie in Quick Cooking March/April 2000, p8
Reviews for Cocoa Mocha Pie(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 23, 2012
My whole family loved this dessert. It was so easy to make, too.
More Recipe Collections
- Chocolate Pie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Desserts >
- Easy Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Ice Cream Pies >
- Ice Cream Recipes >
- Mother's Day Dessert Recipes >
- Pie Recipes >
- Quick Desserts >