Cocoa Mint Truffles Recipe
Wow! These easy chocolate truffles will be a hit at holiday parties. Moist with a rich minty flavor inside, the candies have a powdered cocoa outer layer. These are decadent, but oh-so-simple to do.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + freezing YIELD:16 servings
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 6 mint Andes candies
- 3/4 cup whipped topping
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/8 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1. In a small saucepan, melt chocolate chips and candies over low heat. Transfer to a small bowl and cool to lukewarm, about 7 minutes. Beat in whipped topping. Place in the freezer for 15 minutes or until firm enough to form into balls.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine cocoa and coffee granules. Shape chocolate mixture into 1-in. balls; roll in cocoa mixture. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 16 truffles.
1 serving (1 each) equals 58 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC