Wow! These easy chocolate truffles will be a hit at holiday parties. Moist with a rich minty flavor inside, the candies have a powdered cocoa outer layer. These are decadent, but oh-so-simple to do.
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 6 mint Andes candies
- 3/4 cup whipped topping
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/8 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- In a small saucepan, melt chocolate chips and candies over low heat. Transfer to a small bowl and cool to lukewarm, about 7 minutes. Beat in whipped topping. Place in the freezer for 15 minutes or until firm enough to form into balls.
- In a small bowl, combine cocoa and coffee granules. Shape chocolate mixture into 1-in. balls; roll in cocoa mixture. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 16 truffles.
Originally published as Cocoa Mint Truffles in Simple & Delicious November/December 2006, p51
Reviews for Cocoa Mint Truffles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review