Cocoa Macaroon Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1-1/4 cups flaked coconut, divided
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Combine the milk, egg and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Spoon 2 tablespoonfuls into 12 greased or paper-lined muffin cups. Combine 1 cup coconut, condensed milk and extract; place 2 teaspoonfuls in the center of each cup (do not spread). Top with remaining batter; sprinkle with remaining coconut.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 253 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 346mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Cocoa Macaroon Muffins
"there has to be something missing from this recipe. needs more sugar or something the muffin is terrible."
"The picture looks wonderful and I followed the recipe exactly as written but the outcome was disappointing: bland, dry, almost flavorless - even with the pocket of coconut. So sorry, but I would not make this one again."