Cocoa Macaroon Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1-1/4 cups flaked coconut, divided
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Combine the milk, egg and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Spoon 2 tablespoonfuls into 12 greased or paper-lined muffin cups. Combine 1 cup coconut, condensed milk and extract; place 2 teaspoonfuls in the center of each cup (do not spread). Top with remaining batter; sprinkle with remaining coconut.
- Bake at 400° for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Cocoa Macaroon Muffins(2)
Sort By :
there has to be something missing from this recipe. needs more sugar or something the muffin is terrible.
The picture looks wonderful and I followed the recipe exactly as written but the outcome was disappointing: bland, dry, almost flavorless - even with the pocket of coconut. So sorry, but I would not make this one again.