Cocoa Cola Cake Recipe
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup cola
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- FUDGE FROSTING:
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup cola
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Fold in marshmallows.
- 2. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, for frosting, combine cocoa and butter in a small saucepan. Cook over low heat until butter is melted. Stir in cola until blended. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in pecans. Spread over cake. Let stand for 20 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 piece: 479 calories, 22g fat (9g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 363mg sodium, 69g carbohydrate (50g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Cocoa Cola Cake
"I did adjust this recipe and I used a devil's food cake mix, and I also added 1 packet cappuccino mix. I did use 1 cup of CHERRY Coca Cola, but I did use the melted butter, vanilla extract and I used 2 cups of miniature marshmallows with 1/8 cup all-purpose flour!The marshmallow melted into the baked cake! I baked 40 minutes. NOTE: I greased and floured my baking pan! For the frosting, I used1b. can chocolate frosting, 1/4 cup Cherry Coca Cola and 2 cups of confectioners' sugar.I simply combined the frosting in a medium bowl with the cherry cola and confectioners' sugar until blended. The frosting spread very well! I think this cake is definitely a keeper forme! Thank you, Ellen Champagne, for this recipe! delowenstein"
"I followed the recipe & directions to a "T" . The marshmallows are blended into the batter and disappear in the baked cake, adding only to the flavor. This is a wonderful cake, I plan on keeping this as a "go to" recipe!"
"I didn't think that the cake was good enough to use more ingredients up for the frosting (which I'm sure is very good!). We ended up dusting the cake with powdered sugar and the kids thought it was just great! Maybe the frosting would've made all the difference."
"Not sure what I did wrong. The marshmallows were all on the top when I took it out of the oven. The cake was mediocre but the frosting was really good."
"My kids loved this. The cake tastes a lot like the white cake even though it looks like it is chocolate (and has cocoa in it). The frosting is wonderful! I did not use the nuts though as my kids don't care for them."