Cocoa Chip Cookies
Our Test Kitchen staff whipped up these soft airy cookies using a double dose of chocolate flavor from baking cooca and semisweet chips. The lower-in-sugar treats are sure to please the chocoholic in your family!
30 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugars. Add the egg and
- egg white; mix well. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt;
- gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets coated
- with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 7-10 minutes or until edges
- are set. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Store in
- an airtight container. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: One cookie equals 64 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 79 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber,