Our Test Kitchen staff whipped up these soft airy cookies using a double dose of chocolate flavor from baking cooca and semisweet chips. The lower-in-sugar treats are sure to please the chocoholic in your family!
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugars. Add the egg and egg white; mix well. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 7-10 minutes or until edges are set. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Cocoa Chip Cookies in Light & Tasty August/September 2004, p8
Reviews for Cocoa Chip Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 3, 2013
"I just made these cookies and they came out excellent.very tasty and baked up beautifully."
Reviewed Feb. 18, 2012
"Yummy! Definately satisfies my craving for chocolate."