Our Test Kitchen staff whipped up these soft airy cookies using a double dose of chocolate flavor from baking cooca and semisweet chips. The lower-in-sugar treats are sure to please the chocoholic in your family!
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugars. Add the egg and egg white; mix well. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 7-10 minutes or until edges are set. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Cocoa Chip Cookies in Light & Tasty August/September 2004, p8
Reviews for Cocoa Chip Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 3, 2013
"I just made these cookies and they came out excellent.very tasty and baked up beautifully."
Reviewed Feb. 18, 2012
"Yummy! Definately satisfies my craving for chocolate."