Cocoa Butter Sticks Recipe
My mom has been making these delectable, melt-in-your mouth cookies at Christmastime for as long as I can remember. Their wonderful cocoa flavor and crisp chewy texture make them a stand out on any cookie tray. —Rebecca Wilson, Longmont, Colorado
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons coarse sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- 2. Divide dough into four portions. On ungreased baking sheets, roll each portion into an 8-in. x 1-in. log. Flatten with a fork dipped in flour to 1/4-in. thickness. Whisk egg and water; brush over dough. Combine almonds and sugar; sprinkle over tops. Bake at 350° for 10-14 minutes or until set.
- 3. Place pans on wire racks. When cool enough to handle, transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 3/4-in. slices. Turn cookies over and place back onto baking sheets. Bake 5 minutes longer to crisp bottoms. Cool on wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Reviews for Cocoa Butter Sticks
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC