Cocoa Banana Cupcakes Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon each baking soda and salt
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups fat-free milk
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (2 to 3 medium)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1. In a bowl, combine dry ingredients. In another bowl, combine eggs, milk, banana, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or line with paper liners. Fill three-fourths full. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. Beat cream cheese, milk, chocolate and vanilla until smooth. Combine confectioners' sugar and cocoa; gradually beat into cream cheese mixture. Frost cupcakes. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 224 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 171mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Cocoa Banana Cupcakes
"Delicious even without the frosting. Do not overmix to keep them from getting rubbery."
"Baked for minimum time but dry and rubbery! Frosting was runny and without body. Disaster!"
"I was really excited to try these. I found out that I don't like the chocolate-banana combo (personal preference). However, I thought the frosting was to die for and will use it on other cupcakes."
"This was very good. I used apple bananas and baked in a pan."
"The cupcakes were a big hit at the office, very easy to make and tasty. My only negative view is that it takes a day for the flavors to mellow, if you have one right after frosting the banana flavor is waaaaay to strong, next day they are perfect though."
"Mine came out dry and more like a muffin. I used the recipe just the was it says. But it did have a nice taste."
"I think it tasted like muffins more than cupcakes? Did I do something wrong?"
"Nice dense texture- great flavor combination."
"Made this with applesauce instead of banana--very bad allergy (I know no banana flavor) and used buttermilk instead of the regular milk--These were SO GOOD! Nice and moist. Definite keeper in my book! <3"
"I haven't made the recipe yet and I will definitely try it but I wanted to suggest a quick way to have a chocolate banana cake. I used a milk chocolate or you could use any kind of chocolate cake mix, a small box of banana pudding mix, 4 eggs, 3/4 cup oil and 3/4 cup water or milk. Mix those up and bake according to the directions on the box - it's a moist banana chocolate cake."
"Really a very tasty moist simple cupcake to make. Kids loved them!"