Cocktail Sausages in Orange Sauce
I acquired this recipe after attending a holiday cooking school years ago. It's still a favorite with my family and friends for New Year's Day.Agnes Anderson, Sedro-Woolley, Washington
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 package (16 ounces) miniature smoked sausage links
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, cloves and
- cinnamon. Gradually stir in the orange juice until smooth. Stir in
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Add
- sausages. Cook and stir until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 236 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 571 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 7 g protein.