Cobblestone Brownies Recipe
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat brownie mix, oil, eggs and extract on medium speed until blended (batter will be stiff). Set aside 1 cup for topping.
- 2. Spread the remaining batter into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 10-15 minutes or until edges crack.
- 3. For filling, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese, eggs and extracts until smooth. Gradually add confectioner's sugar and mix well. Fold in coconut. Carefully spread over brownies.
- 4. Drop reserved batter by teaspoonfuls over filling. Bake 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 piece: 185 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 93mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat
Reviews for Cobblestone Brownies
"It's dangerous to make this, I want to keep eating them until they are gone."
"These were ok. I would make them again but they would not be my first choice. If I has all the ingredients on hand, then I would but I wouldn't buy them just to make this recipe."