My family enjoys the combination of chocolate and coconut. So I stirred coconut extract into brownie batter and added flaked coconut to the cream cheese filling. These fudgy bars are the tasty result! —Phyllis Perry, Vassar, Kansas
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat brownie mix, oil, eggs and extract on medium speed until blended (batter will be stiff). Set aside 1 cup for topping.
- Spread the remaining batter into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 10-15 minutes or until edges crack.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese, eggs and extracts until smooth. Gradually add confectioner's sugar and mix well. Fold in coconut. Carefully spread over brownies.
- Drop reserved batter by teaspoonfuls over filling. Bake 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Cobblestone Brownies in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p83
Reviews for Cobblestone Brownies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review