Give cherries a golden, crunchy cobbler crust with this versatile mix. "For a quick gift, put a batch of it-along with a can of pie filling and serving directions-in a decorated bag," suggests Joyce Huber of Ste. Genevieve, Missouri.
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup buttermilk blend powder
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each cobbler):
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling or filling of your choice
- 1/2 cup water
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 4 batches (8 cups total).
- To prepare cobbler: Contents of mix may settle during storage. When preparing recipe, spoon mix into measuring cup.
- Pour butter into an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Top with pie filling. In a bowl, combine 2 cups cobbler mix and water. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls over pie filling; spread gently. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Cobbler Mix in Quick Cooking September/October 2004, p47
Reviews for Cobbler Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review