Cobbler Mix Recipe
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup buttermilk blend powder
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each cobbler):
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling or filling of your choice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 4 batches (8 cups total).
- 2. To prepare cobbler: Contents of mix may settle during storage. When preparing recipe, spoon mix into measuring cup.
- 3. Pour butter into an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Top with pie filling. In a bowl, combine 2 cups cobbler mix and water. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls over pie filling; spread gently. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 311 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 423mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Cobbler Mix
"I love this recipe and have used it for years! I pour 2 cups of the mix into decorative bags and give it away with instructions to teachers as gifts."