Give cherries a golden, crunchy cobbler crust with this versatile mix. "For a quick gift, put a batch of it-along with a can of pie filling and serving directions-in a decorated bag," suggests Joyce Huber of Ste. Genevieve, Missouri.
Recommended: Summer Fruit Desserts
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup buttermilk blend powder
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each cobbler):
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling or filling of your choice
- 1/2 cup water
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 4 batches (8 cups total).
- To prepare cobbler: Contents of mix may settle during storage. When preparing recipe, spoon mix into measuring cup.
- Pour butter into an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Top with pie filling. In a bowl, combine 2 cups cobbler mix and water. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls over pie filling; spread gently. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Cobbler Mix in Quick Cooking September/October 2004, p47
Reviews for Cobbler Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 2, 2009
"I love this recipe and have used it for years! I pour 2 cups of the mix into decorative bags and give it away with instructions to teachers as gifts."