- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, undrained
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (10 ounces) hearts of romaine salad mix
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 package (7-1/2 ounces) frozen diced cooked chicken breast, thawed
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup real bacon bits
- Place the first seven ingredients in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Chill until serving.
- In a large bowl, layer the salad mix, beans, cheese, tomatoes, chicken, avocado, onion and bacon bits. Drizzle with dressing. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cobb Salad with Chili-Lime Dressing
"a new favorite! the dressing is fabulous! though we think black or pinto beans work better; it's a more authentic southwestern flavor"
"I really like the lime dressing. But, I don't like much spice and my husband has a thing against cilantro so I omitted the green chiles and cilantro. For us, that made this salad recipe a keeper."
"NEVER MADE A COBB salad BEFORE BUT HAVE ENJOYED THEM OUT MANY TIMES. THIS RECIPE IS WONDERFUL. THANKS!"
"I made this back when it first showed up in the magazine. The dressing is really good and easy to make. The best part is that this is something all 4 of my kids like and will REQUEST for dinner. Awesome!!"
"This recipe was so good that all my kids raved about it. My husband and I enjoyed it, too!"
"Delicious! I made this for a birthday luncheon last month and it was a huge hit! I substituted black beans for the kidney beans. Am making it for another birthday lunch this weekend! Wonderful! Also, used the extra dressing for sandwich wraps. The dressing is very fresh and tasty. Will make it often!!"